Survey Technician / Project Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparation of survey plats and maps including boundary surveys, as-built surveys, topographic surveys, utility route surveys and maps meeting the current VDOT survey requirements. Responsibilities will also include individual project management, court house research, construction staking calculations, and occasional field work. The successful candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision to complete projects with demanding scopes and schedules. Preferred Qualifications: – Minimum of three years relative experience (Licensed as a Land Surveyor in Virginia or ability to obtain license is preferred but not required) – Ability to write fee proposals and communicate with clients. – Experience and knowledge with Civil 3D, AutoCAD and Microstation programs. – Strong written and verbal communication skills sufficient to represent the company to clients, municipal agencies and others.
SUE Project Manager
Primary responsibilities include daily management of SUE department. The ideal candidate will have interaction with clients (internal and external) and utility owners to obtain utility records for various SUE projects. Perform SUE office activities such as proposals, utility research, coordinating crews, QA review of utility plans and field located data using AutoCAD, MicroStation, Adobe, ESRI, and other platforms. Perform SUE field activities as required to ensure timely project completion including; locating, designating, vacuum excavation, survey data collection and related activities. Coordinate activities with the various utility owners and internal departments. Maintain documentation and communication records for projects. Communicate with external agencies to acquire data and information necessary to define project scopes and enhance company databases. Provide mapping, documents and support for internal departments and external clients. Work location is an office environment, with frequent visits to field survey projects in hot and cold weather conditions. Travel to projects prior to field work execution to perform topside survey and ensure all visible utility owners are accounted for.
Hydrographic Survey Manager
DUTIES/FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES: (Work assignments may vary depending on the office’s needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the office manager.)
• Managing projects, both onshore and offshore, as vessel-based managers.
• Producing reports.
• Sourcing information on seabed type, water movements and waves.
• Provision of data for oceanographic studies.
• Using specialized technical software and equipment including satellite and terrestrial positioning systems, sonars, single and multibeam echo sounders, laser scanners and lidar equipped aircraft to provide data for the production of nautical charts and maps.
• Using remotely operated and autonomous underwater vehicles to acquire data in deep oceans.
• Using specialized technical software and geographical information systems (GIS) to manage the integration, processing and presentation of data to clients.
• Dealing with clients, internally and externally, to provide tenders and results in appropriate formats.
• For those working onshore, responding to technical queries from onshore engineering teams and problem-solving for colleagues working offshore.
• Providing accurate and reliable information for other disciplines, such as, navigation, dredging, coastal works, seabed telephone cables, environmental monitoring, aquaculture, marine wind farm development, oceanographic research, bridge construction, and oil, gas and mineral resource exploration.
• Working in a wide range of differing situations and applications including seabed mining, oil and gas exploration, the construction of ports, the provision of navigational charts, and the positioning of navigational aids.
• Reviewing company procedures and software projects and providing feedback on courses and in-house training.
• Working as part of a team of technical specialists.
• Working knowledge of Hypack Software
• Certified Hydrographer (a plus)